Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good Bed Bad Bed






I went through a Feng Shui phase a few years ago, and a part of me still believes in the tenants of properly placed items and keeping clutter at bay. I certainly feel better when I'm not stepping over clothes in my bedroom or rummaging through outdated newspapers and mail on my kitchen counter. Is that good Feng Shui or just an effort to not become one of those people who expires amongst decades worth of newspapers and pizza boxes?

I was thinking about this because sometimes I wonder if my bed is haunted with the ghosts of relationships past. Before you scroll down to quickly see what kind of numbers I'm talking about, it's not a lot. Celibacy has at various periods has beoome something I'm way too familiar with.

Anyway, I did get thinking after talking with a friend about keeping a bed after a divorce. Is it possible that your partner leaves behind more than their dust mites? Can a bed that was the place of passion at best and let-down at worst, ever be the same after a relationship ends?

I thought the bad juju was released when I fell in love with someone else. But when that relationship ended I began to wonder. My Feng Shui'ing friend told me my bed was in the wrong place, so I moved it. And no one has visited it since.

I don't think it's me. I think it's the bed. I wonder if a date would be freaked out if I brought him upstairs to spend some time on my cat's bed? He's never had a failed relationship. His bed must be just fine.

No comments: