Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Latest "Bachelorette," DeAnna Single Again



So I can't say I was surprised to hear about Jesse the snowboarder and "Bachelorette" DeAnna breaking up, but I have to say I was a bit surprised by his very sad testimony on YouTube. Seriously, dude, who does that?! Not even John Mayer, d-bag that he is would do that. Oh wait, he sort of did.

I am sometimes inexplicably drawn to these awful "Bachelor" shows, they're like an accident I can't turn away from. I did watch enough of this last season to be pretty shocked when this woman who appeared to moderately have it together (well, as together as anyone does who goes on TV looking for a mate) chose this particular guy. He was kind of goofy, very young and a professional snowboarder - not that's there's anything wrong with that.

In post-show interviews they seemed positively blissful and I thought, well, who the hell am I to judge who anyone falls in love with? I thought I was very off-base in my judgement. Turns out, maybe my gut instincts are better than I think they are.

I think in all the oh so many seasons of this show - both the male and female versions, only one couple, Trista and Ryan have remained together. Why they keep bringing back this show I have no idea.

It seems that things are irretrievably broken for Jesse and DeAnna. How do I know? Well, their official Web site has been taken down. Yes, folks, that's how you know when things are really over - you go to a Web site and get an error message. Kind of says it all, don't you think?

No comments: