Monday, November 10, 2008

Wow! "Real Sex For Real Women" Is Very Real!

One of the perks of my job is I get sent books all the time. As someone who loves books, it is the best thing ever - free books showing up at my door often unbidden, and always appreciated.

A couple of days ago, a new book arrived at my doorstep. It wasn't wrapped in plain brown paper, but once I opened it up I thought it could have been. It's not often a book makes me blush, but this one kinda did.

"Real Sex For Women" really is an incredible how-to guide for both men and women. Laura Berman is at the forefront of human sexuality and she's got a best seller here I'm sure.
I had seen Dr. Berman on "Oprah" talking about the book so I had a pretty good idea how graphic the book was, but was a little surprised when after the FedEx guy left I opened the package and the book. And two hours later, I closed it. Well, not two hours, maybe a hour and a half, when I felt the need for something cold to drink and maybe an even colder shower. It's um, pretty explicit.

Believe me, I don't think there's anything at all wrong with sex, and anything couples can do to make it better I'm all for, but I surprised myself when thinking about all my kids arriving home for the weekend that I didn't think this book should be on my desk. So before they all arrive I will be discreetly sticking it in a drawer. My daughter would just laugh about it, but my sons would be completely freaked out and wonder what the hell mom was up to when they're not around. My oldest son is the type who can't handle a tampon commercial with his mom and sister, I think seeing a book full of naked photos of couples performing various activities would completely send him over the edge.

In the meantime I think that I'll spend some time poring over this tome. For research purposes of course. You never know when there might be a pop quiz, or the chance to write an article about sex might crop up. I want to be ready and raring to go, just in case. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Don't tell my sons anything else.

1 comment:

LOU said...

hi, missed your show. had the wrong station. would like to borrow the book and you know what book i'm talkin' about. hee hee. love, LOU