Monday, January 12, 2009

Okay, So Sometimes "The View" Actually Delivers, And I REALLY Can't Stand Ann Coulter



Whenever I see Ann Coulter on my television I have two reactions: nausea and the immediate urge to change the channel. Occasionally I manage to make it through an interview, but not without feeling I want to throw something at my TV.

Coulter is on the PR trail once again with a new book, "Guilty: 'Liberal Victims And Their Assault on America," yet another inflammatory diatribe about evil liberals.

In her last book she railed against the 9/11 widows who fought for more information about how their husbands died, daring to accuse them of enjoying their roles as widows.

In this new book, equally inflammatory, her new target is single mothers. This unmarried, childless woman seems to be saying that all of societal woes are due to the rise of single mothers in our country. She offers no solutions mind you, she just points fingers at liberals and accuses those of us who are single are (though apparently those of us who became single mothers due to divorce or widowhood catch a little bit of a break) raising children who will soon be filling courtrooms and jails.

Being a single mother and having been raised by one, I want to not-so-eloquently say - screw you, Ann Coulter. You have no idea what you're talking about. Their are plenty of incredible people who had single mothers who have done quite well in life, people like well, out next president.

The fact that mainstream media gives her the time of day, and yes, I'm aware I am giving her attention as well, is just plain sad. Outside of Fox News I can't imagine why any news person would opt to have her on. She's rude, (I couldn't believe how impolite she was to Barbara Walters) doesn't listen and is just the worst example of how cruel and insensitive people can be.

So, I promise to never write about her again on this blog. I don't want to contribute to her success in any form or fashion. As a believer in karma I think she will have some lessons come her way, and maybe, just maybe she will wake up and see the error in her ways. Hey, miracles do occasionally happen. Even to conservatives.

No comments: