Thursday, February 5, 2009

If You Like "The City" You'll Love "The District"



The fact that I watch "The City" is not something I'm particularly proud of. But, yes I do. I follow the exploits of Whitney, Jay and her frenenmy, Olivia, and even think about trying to get Allie to eat something so she doesn't fall over in a stiff wind. For the uninitiated, "The City" is a scripted faux reality show that follows the travails of a bunch of 20somethings who seem to sort of work, but not really, but have lovely apartments and gorgeous clothes. I would love to pretend to work at Diane Von Fursternberg, buy Manolo Blahniks and have brand new furniture delivered to my brand new apartment. But alas I live in the real world, oh wait, that's another fake reality show. Where does reality begin and end? I think here which is a very scary thought.

The folks at Newsweek have done a stellar job in copying the format in this first installment of "The District." I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: