Saturday, May 24, 2008

George Clooney's Rockin'Abs

The second of these two photos of George Clooney, 47, unwrapped, cropped up on the Internet this week. I was kind of surprised when I saw the difference in him from a couple of years ago, evidence right below.

It got me thinking about how perhaps having a girlfriend almost 20 years younger can really help your body.



Back when George was sporting a little bit of a tire around his waist he was a swinging single guy, and despite the softer stomach, this "Sexiest Man Alive" was still, well, the "Sexiest Man Alive."
It's so not fair that guys can still be considered very hot and sexy even if they enjoy pasta and cheese. I saw a photo of Sharon Stone this week that focused on her sagging bottom in a bathing suit, and the misogynistic guys over at TMZ were picking on Alanis Morissette because she's put on a few pounds since her breakup with Ryan Reynolds.
The pressure put on women to be skinny isn't fair. It's especially not good since Alanis had come out in the past and confessed to having been anorexic. Nice going guys! A woman overcomes an eating disorder and you call her fat! No wonder women have such body issues.
I'm happy for George that he looks so good, (Though I hope he's not becoming manorexic) but he's in the enviable position that even if he decides to back off a bit on the crunches and relax and enjoy the fresh pasta in Lake Como, he'll still be one of the sexiest men alive.
It's got me wondering though - maybe I should start dating men twenty years younger so I'll get a rockin' body too. Nah, most guys are so not worth it. I'd rather have the pasta.

No comments: