Thursday, May 22, 2008

Listen Up: "Candy on the Cape" Hits the Airwaves!

Starting tomorrow morning I am going to be appearing once a week on WQRC (99.9 FM ) radio giving a pop culture update. If you aren't on the Cape you can listen from the Web site.


I recorded my first appearance today and think it went pretty well! Not having a lot of experience with this kind of thing I wrote myself some copy, and got ready for my 90 seconds of air time. The only problem was, it was more like 3 minutes. I'm kind of a chatty gal. Time will tell (literally) if she uses it all or if I get edited down.

It's kind of a funny thing to do as a writer. So much of what I do involves the written word. I spend hour upon hour crafting things that read well, but trying to write something that sounds good is a little different.

The listeners will be the judge as to how or if I succeeded! Times are such that you can't just sit in your office, bedroom, or wherever you choose to write and have that be that. Now you have to do it all and be all to everyone across the board in all areas of communication. Some times we will do better than others.

Maybe if I get comfortable with radio, TV won't seem so intimidating. I'm not ready yet - I still need my notes! But, since the eventual goal is to sit with Oprah and talk about my best-selling novel, and talk about how you CAN recreate your life after 40, I'd darn well better learn to lose those notes. Just give me some time, I'll get there yet.

Listen in to see how I do on WQRC at 8:50 a.m.!

No comments: