Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Sex and the City" is coming soon, are you SATC'd out yet?



I don't know that there are many folks who are bigger fans of SATC than me. I have been waiting for this movie for months, heck years. But now I'm worried that the extremely energetic ad campaign will do it in!

The girls have been on Oprah, the commercials are non-stop and with two and a half weeks to go until the opening date (May 30) it doesn't look like it will be slowing up!

I admit, I'm part of the publicity fray, I have a story running very soon about the movie, so I'm not helping keep the movie on the down low.

I was with a friend yesterday who said she was sure it was going to be a fun movie, but they're acting like it's the biggest event of the year. The sad thing is, for some of us it kinda is.

I watched the HBO series from the beginning, and while I will never have the same kind of life as these city-dwelling ladies, I related to their ups and downs, bad dates, lonely nights, break-ups and break downs. Having a chance to revisit them four years later is so much fun!




The day the movie opens is also my daughter's college graduation day. No, I'm not blowing off graduation to go to the movies, but I have to say, I know she and I will be seeing it the next day. We watched the show together through her high school years - yes, I'm probably a horrible mother that my daughter and I watched the envelope-pushing show together, but she seems to have turned out just fine with values firmly in tact.

So I guess I will go back to the beginning of this post wondering if there's been too much "Sex and the City" out there in the world. I think my answer is, just like the real thing, there's no such thing as too much "Sex."

No comments: