Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Very Big Day





I'll write more about this very soon, but today is a day that came much faster than I thought it would. Today my daughter is graduating from Wellesley College.


Wellesley is the alma mater of women like Hillary Clinton, Diane Sawyer, Nora Ephron and Madeleine Albright to name just a few. To walk through Alumni Hall is humbling and awe inspiring.


The first time I took my daughter to visit the school when she was a junior in high school I knew there was no way I could have gotten into this academically rigorous institution. Thankfully, my daughter has gifts I don't.


To say I am proud would be a huge understatement. I am proud of all of my children, for all their differences and similarities. All three are amazing people who have achieved wonderful things.


My daughter is my youngest, my baby so this is an especially significant day all the way around for both of us.


As I head off to the ceremony I just want to say thank you. Thank you to a universe that sent this girl into our family's life, because I know none of us would be the same without her.


Congratulations, Emma! I love you more than I can ever say.

No comments: