Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crush crush baby...



For anyone who knows me, or reads me with any regularity, you know that I have sort of a thing (along with about a gazillion other women) for George Clooney. The fact is, I am a bit of a Jezebel when it comes to my celebrity crushes and well, George isn't the only one. Hey, maybe if he actually called me I'd be faithful, but until then, I consider myself a free agent able to love whomever I want.

Which brings me to someone I quite frankly have been overlooking for a little while because he hasn't been in the news, and just been doing some more supporting roles as dads to girls like Lindsay Lohan and Katie Holmes. But, when I saw that Michael Keaton had brought a film he directed and stars in, "The Merry Gentleman," to Sundance I remembered how much I have always liked him.


From "Beetlejuice," to "Clean and Sober," "Batman," (he was totally my favorite "Batman," - sorry George) and as the hapless dad in "Mr.Mom," Michael always brings an energy that is fun and engaging.


I actually tried to reach him to interview him a couple of years ago. I had taken a lesson in fly fishing for a story and had heard he was a big-time fly fisherman. I thought hey, I've had one lesson, I can fly fish, let's talk fly-fishing! Yes, I am just that optimistic and naive. I think I got as far as his PR person who I'm sure thought this reporter from Cape Cod was insane, but I thought it was worth a shot. I would have been sure not to share with him that I was so terrible at casting that the young guy subjected to teaching me didn't let me have a hook on my line - a very good move I think, but I would have won him over with my charm and wit. That was the plan anyway.


So I'm thinking that since he has this new movie to promote, and it's winter (not prime fishing season - I hope - unless God-forbid he's into ice fishing) that I have my opening to try to talk to him. I've been working on my life list, and I'm kind of thinking being brave enough to talk to Michael Keaton should be on it. I don't know, what do you think? What are the odds that I could actually get through to Batman without a Batphone?
I think I have just thrown down a gauntlet to myself. Can you do that?
Hmm. I think I have some research to do.
I'll keep you posted!

No comments: