Friday, January 25, 2008

I Don't Wanna Eat, Drink, Man or Woman


I came across this Web site that had a quiz about how likely you are to eat your friends in the event of being stuck in a blizzard, and of course had to go take the test.


According to the quiz, I am 17% likely to eat my friends in the event of a blizzard. Really? I'm amazed that I am even that likely since I can't even eat veal.
I did ask a couple of friends what they thought about this topic and got some interesting feedback. My friend Lou said she'd have no problem eating someone, she joked that she carries a spit in her car - just in case. I sure hope I never twist my ankle when we're out walking.
My friend Mary said I was welcome to roast her if we were ever stranded on a mountain during a blizzard, but to make really sure she was actually dead first.
This did get me thinking about some of the weirdest things I have eaten, or would be willing to eat. I'm nothing compared to my daughter - the most adventurous eater ever, but I managed to come up with a few things.


Chocolate covered bees - I ate these when I was a kid. They were crunchy and pretty bug-y. I vowed to never eat them again.
Venison - I didn't know until I had eaten an entire bowl of this stew that it possibly contained Bambi or his mother.
Kimchi - my daughter is Korean, and we almost always have a jar of this spicy pickled cabbage Korean staple in the fridge. A couple of years ago my brother brought us one the the hottest varieties I'd tasted - ever. I thought my mouth would never stop burning. Or that the smell would go away.
All right, I have to admit that my adventures in eating are tame at best. I am a total loser in the eating wild things area. I would never survive "Fear Factor" even though the outcome of being a contestant can be very positive.
So I will continue on with my non-friend, non-bug eating ways, and fill myself with lovely pastas and cheese, and any bugs that I consume will be completely by accident. As for the friends? I think I'd rather starve.


1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

I'm 44%...but, don't worry....you're too skinny!