Friday, April 11, 2008

"The Office" is finally back, babe

I cannot tell you how excited I was last night to finally have "The Office" return after five months with no new epsodes. The show didn't disappoint.
I am an unabashed "Office"-phile (hey it's early, you'll have to excuse the bad pun). I have still not quite recovered from the cancellation of my other favorite show, "Gilmore Girls," Tuesday nights still aren't the same, but the "Office" helps ease that pain.

Thanks to last night's episode I have a new-found love/repulsion for being called, "babe," the moniker relentlessly used by Michael and Jan.

For those who don't watch "The Office" it's hard to explain why I love it so much. But I will do my best to tell you the top five reasons why I am such a devotee.

5. The character of Creed is creepy and yet somehow I can't not watch. "I’ve been involved in a number of cults both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower but you make more money as a leader." Yes, Creed is scary, but so incredible.
4. The writing. Much of the cast are also writers, and they are geniuses. I still chuckle when I think of Kevin describing a pizza from the bad pizza parlor in town as tasting like, "Hot circles of garbage." Or, the classic Michael line in this clip:
3. Jim and Pam. Since they FINALLY got together, I have been so happy. Jim and Pam belong together and we all know it. Sorry Karen.
2. "That's what she said" jokes. I know it's juvenile, but what can I say? It's so easy, anyone can do it. That's what she said.
1. Dwight. It's hard to put into words the man who is Dwight K. Schrute. Beets, bears and "Battlestar Gallactica." Those pretty much do it.
Apparently I am a woman of very simple needs. "The Office" makes me happy and makes me feel good. That's what she said.

No comments: